Sunday, July 20, 2014

Approached Mark Twain

Until last week, in my mind Mark Twain was just a America famous author writing "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer(1876)" and " The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn(1885)". After a visit of "The Mark Twain House and Museum', his image was more vivid, and I knew him more.
What's the most impression on me was the Twain Quotes in Museum Center.There were thirty Twain Quotes selected on the wall. The following shook my soul at sight of them.
_Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.
_We ought never to do wrong when people are looking.
_Always respect your superiors, if you have any.
_An uneasy conscience is a hair in the mouth.
_Character is the architect of achievements.
_Always do right, This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

These quotes showed people the direction of creating excellent quality and the attitude to handling events. We must value self-reflection and self-building in daily life. Approaching Mark Twain more, I deeply remembered: Do more right things, and you would get even closer to your life target.








2 comments:

  1. I too enjoyed the quotes very much, but I didn't see as many as you....I'm glad you collected them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your same enjoyment of the quotes as me. When you saw me that day , I had got what I wanted to know. Thank you for your attention to me!

      Delete