Sunday, July 27, 2014

Walking in the Street of New York

New York is the most populous city in the United States and the center of one of the most populous urban agglomerations in the world. Coming to America, Anyone is considered as taking an invalid trip without visiting New York City. Last Friday, I decided to take a walk from Circle Line Sightseeing to Lexington Ave along the 42nd street of New York City. While walking in the street, I observed a lot of people busily coming and going, heavy traffic, high-rise buildings on both sides of the street, huge eye-catching billboards everywhere and all sorts of brand shops and large shopping malls. Especially my arrival of Times Square, I was attracted by the bustling scene to slow down. Some lovely people dressed themselves as Mickey Mouse, the statue of liberty and the Smurfs. They friendly invited the passers-by to take a group photo to make a living. Every time they embraced their customers showing thanks. Although I could not see their true faces, I could felt the bright smile on their faces and inner joy. I was deeply moved by their enthusiasm and optimistic attitude toward life. All hard-working people are worthy of respect. The short three-hour walk along one street seem to let me go into the heart of New York, feeling its activity, charm, boom and hope, which attract immigrants arriving from all over the world.





1 comment:

  1. Such lovely compliments of complete strangers...good for you. You seem to notice and appreciate the simple things...not just the shopping : )

    ReplyDelete